Employee BenefitsEmployee Benefits jgastley3 Thu, 05/31/2012 - 09:41
Awards PolicyAwards Policy
The Georgia Institute of Technology supports recognition of outstanding employee contributions at all organizational levels. Awards recognize employees who perform "above and beyond" expectations. Awards must be paid from non-State funds and may be made in the form of cash payment, plaque, trophy, pin, certificate, meals or reception.
- All awards are designed for individual’s whose contributions demonstrate a benefit to the Institute or unit operations.
- All units shall have documented nomination/selection criteria for any award. If a unit chooses to have a selection committee, all members’ names should be documented.
- Nominations for awards are open to any regular, temporary, or student employee of the sponsoring unit.
- Nominations for all awards must be made to the designated official within each unit of the Institute.
- All nominees must be in good standing (no current disciplinary action and a minimum of fully successful/meets requirement performance level) with the Institute.
- All competitive awards must include a minimum of two (2)-qualified nominees. There may be up to three winners if there are multiple nominees or competitors. In no case will more than one half of the nominees be declared winners of awards.
- The names of all winners of Awards will be submitted to the Director of Grants and Contracts.
- All awards must comply with the State of Georgia and Board of Regents compensation policies.
- No award may represent extra compensation or overtime payment to the employee.
- All awards are subject to the appropriate federal, state and local taxes (see Employee Awards and Prizes).
Employee BenefitsEmployee Benefits jgastley3 Thu, 05/31/2012 - 14:51
Benefits eligible employees are provided benefits through the University System of Georgia. For information on USG benefits including eligibility, plans and programs for you and your eligible dependents visit https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits/health-welfare-benefits
Georgia Tech Foundation Flower FundGeorgia Tech Foundation Flower Fund
The Georgia Tech Faculty-Staff Flower Fund is available to pay for flowers or other expressions of concern to be sent:
- On the occasion of the death of a faculty or staff member or upon the death of a family member of such person (limited to spouse, children, parents, brother, sister or retired faculty/staff member).
- On the occasion of hospitalization for illness or accident of a faculty or staff member, or, the hospitalization for illness or accident of the faculty or staff member's spouse, children, parents, brother, sister or retired faculty/staff member.
In order to have flowers sent for an occasion mentioned above, the person/organization desiring such should contact the Georgia Tech Foundation, (404) 894-5072. The Foundation will order the flowers, with a card reading "From the President, Faculty, and Staff of the Georgia Institute of Technology," and pay for them from the flower fund.
Worker's CompensationWorker's Compensation jgastley3 Wed, 07/18/2012 - 07:47
All employees on the Institute's payroll are protected under Workers’ Compensation. For information on how to report an injury or illness under Workers Compensation go to https://careers.gatech.edu/workers-compensation