Petty Cash Reimbursement ProceduresPetty Cash Reimbursement Procedures
To provide guidance to schools, colleges, departments or units of the Institute as it relates to reimbursement of items purchased that meet the criteria for being reimbursed via Petty Cash funds from the Bursar’s Office.
Petty cash expenditures made by an individual in a department that has its own petty cash fund should be reimbursed via the petty cash fund in the department.
Petty cash expenditures made an individual in a department that does not have its own petty cash fund are reimbursed by the Bursar's Office. Please refer to "Petty Cash Fund General Guidelines" for specific information regarding allowable petty cash transactions.
This policy applies to all schools, colleges, departments, and units of the Institute.
Departments should submit a completed Petty Cash Replenishment/Reimbursement Request Form along with supporting documentation to the Bursar's Office within ten (10) working days following a purchase. If the reimbursement is needed during year end closeout, the reimbursement must be received by the published cutoff date for the Bursar’s Office. Failure to turn in receipts promptly may jeopardize reimbursement if the funding source has lapsed.
The Petty Cash Replenishment/Reimbursement Request Form must include the following information and attachments:
- Original of the vendor's customary receipt which includes:
- Vendor name
- Date of purchase
- Items purchased (to be completed by department if not on receipt)
- Price per item
- Total price for the quantity received
- Appropriate accounting distribution
- Signature of the individual authorized to approve departmental purchases must be on the Petty Cash Replenishment/Reimbursement Request Form
- Departments may require the individual purchaser to sign or initial the receipt(s)
- A copy of the current signed monthly departmental self cash count, evidencing that a count has been performed within 30 days and is being completed in a manner consistent with "Departmental Petty Cash Fund Procedures".
- Upon verification of the completed form and receipts, the petty cash expenses will be reimbursed by the Bursar’s Office cashier.
- Campus Schools, Colleges, Departments or Units are responsible for submitting timely reimbursement requests to the Bursar’s Office.
- The Bursar’s Office is responsible for reimbursing small dollar purchases for department that do not have a petty cash fund.
To report suspected instances of noncompliance with this policy, please visit Georgia Tech’s EthicsPoint, a secure and confidential reporting system, at: https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/en/report_custom.asp?clientid=7508
|10-03-2014||Controller’s Office||Updates to verbiage|